Made this a while ago in June… Finally have the time to post~ http://www.joyofbaking.com/SpongeCakeorBiscuit.html
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg york
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Blueberry sour cream
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of blueberry jam
- Preheat over to 450 degrees F and place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray the baking pan (17″ x 12″), then line it with parchment paper.
- Butter and flour the paper.
- Whisk the flour with the cornstarch.
- Mix 3 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs in a bowl, along with 1/2 cup of sugar, until it is thick and pale yellow.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Sift and fold in the flour.
- Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar and 1 tablespoon of sugar, until it forms stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the baking pen and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- When it’s out of the oven, immediately remove from pan. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix in the blueberry jam to sour cream. Add sugar if needed.
- Spread the cream and roll. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a while hour.