From http://www.joyofbaking.com/shortbreads/shortbreadcookies.html (Adjusted recipe because I didn’t have so much butter at my house…
- 83 grams all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 73 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 20 grams icing sugar
- 1 few drop of vanilla extract
- Whisk the flour with the salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use your electric mixer to beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill the dough until firm.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to thickness of 1/4 inch (.6 cm).
- Cut into shapes using a lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until cookies are very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
It’s AWESOME! I love Walker’s butter shortbread. It’s my favorite comfort food.