Got a new Espon printer after my HP dies, but I can’t seem to remove the HP Utility in my LaunchPad… Took a while for me to figure out. (Most of the links I Googled suck.)
Just because HP sucks and it hides its HP Utility app somewhere, doesn’t mean you cannot install the redundant program.
- Remove your printer.
- Remove the HP folder.
- Remove the gz files in PPDs folder.
- Try to look for other HP files in your Library.
- I found a few files in Image Capture folder. I believe this is depending on your printer model.
- Delete shortcut in LaunchPad (Applications) folder.
- In Finder, open Applications folder.
- Under Utilities, you will see the shortcut link to HP Utility.
- Delete that too.
- Empty Trash.
- Run Disk Utility (spotlight search it or find it under Utility in launch pad).
- Restart your Mac
Now you are done!